Friday 25 February 2011

Texturing The gun



I generated the textures within Photoshop, and have created a new metal texture, and I began to generate the final textures. Utilising the assets I had generated I used the wood and/or metal textures on all the models. Finally I found a scratched texture and applied the texture over the top at 30% opacity to further give the look of distress. These had photo edited primary research images and a variety of edited images from the internet. The process of editing all the images was a simple, I transformed (ctrl T), cut and paste the elements together, then added detail by painting depressions (like small holes or vents) and high points (like buttons) on a separate layer to the base image and adding bevels, inner shadows, and inner glow in the blending options within Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment